Archive for the ‘Installations and Configurations’ Category
IIS Admin is stopped, which was running on port 80 by default, because we want Apache Server to run on port 80
But the condition is that we want both IIS Server and Apache Server running simultaneously.
Obviously both server cannot work on same port 80
Therefore we will run IIS Server on port 80 by default an run Apache Server on port 8080
Read about TCP / IP Ports here
Rest of the process is explained in detail in following video tutorial.
Once Installed go to www.w3schools.com and practice ASP and PHP scripts out there.
Posted July 24, 2010on:
In this tutorial we will be running both Apache server and IIS Server on port 80.
Therefore only one server can run on port 80 at a time.
Detailed instructions are shown in video tutorial about how to use services.msc utility to start and stop both Apache server and IIS server, so that any one of them runs on port 80.
- Copy/paste the website folder in C:/localhost/Inetpub/wwwroot folder.
- Right Click and share the folder.
- Right Click on hello website, under default websites.
- Edit permissions to allow anonymous access for IUSR_Admin.
- Give Read, Write, Browse permissions.
- Detailed step by step process in video tutorial
- Insert your Windows XP CD.
- Select> Install Additional Windows Components.
- Select Internet Information Services from the Checkbox choices.
- Click on Next.
- To Uninstall, carry same process, but this time deselect the IIS option.