How to run PHP Scripts on IIS7 Web Server
Posted August 14, 2010on:
This tutorial is just to show how cross platform integrations are done. I would strongly advice you to use web servers like Apache for PHP.
STEP 1: Installing Web Platform Installer
Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0
The Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0 (Web PI) is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy. The Web PI also makes it easy to install and run the most popular free web applications for blogging, content management and more with the built-in Windows Web Application Gallery.
- The Web PI is a free download.
- Weighing in at under 2 megabytes, the Web PI is the fastest way to get the components that make up the Microsoft Web Platform.
- Installing Web Apps or updating the Microsoft Web Platform, Web PI’s improved validation support ensures everything just works.
- Whether you’re updating or installing components, Web PI always includes the latest version of the Microsoft Web Platform.
- Available in 9 different languages. Choose your language and if a component is available in that language, Web PI will ensure you get it.
- Popular, free and ready to install Web Apps including Umbraco, WordPress, Acquia Drupal, SugarCRM, and more!
STEP 2: Installing WebMatrix
What Is WebMatrix?
WebMatrix is free, seamless, small which includes a complete Web development stack that installs in minutes and elegantly integrates a Web server, database and programming frameworks into a single, integrated experience
- WebMatrix is a free Web development tool that installs in minutes and elegantly brings together a Web server, a database, and programming frameworks into a single, integrated experience. WebMatrix lets you code, test, and deploy both ASP.NET and PHP applications side by side.
- WebMatrix integrates Visual Studio into your workflow. Connect to Visual Studio to take advantage of powerful features such as debugging and profiling. And when you’re ready for a high-volume relational database server, move your database and data from SQL Server Compact to SQL Server with just a click of the mouse.
- WebMatrix includes a small, embedded database called SQL Server Compact that can live with your Web site code and content. Use it to start building your next Web site, and when you’re ready to publish, just copy the database file from your computer to any Web server and it will run— no extra installation required. Or you can easily migrate the database and data to SQL Server when you’re ready for high-volume traffic.
- WebMatrix integrates a rich code editor, a database editor, Web server management, Search Engine Optimization, FTP publishing.
- Code helpers make common tasks (i.e. tweets or displaying video)easy to do with just a simple tag in your HTML.
- WebMatrix uses the same Web server, database engine, and frameworks environment that will run your Web site on the Internet, which makes the transition from development to product seamless.
- WebMatrix integrates with IIS Developer Express and is tightly linked with the Web server components that run your site. Directly monitor real-time Web requests and responses to track down problems right at the source. Missing an image? You’ll instantly see why and where, and WebMatrix will take you directly to the file to fix the problem.
- Run an SEO report and find how to make your site more visible to search engines. WebMatrix takes the secrets out of search engine optimization, provides clear guidance on how to make your site better, and even offers to take you right to the file in your site you need to fix.
10. WebMatrix can be used to find a Web host that fits your requirements and use the built-in publishing support for FTP, FTPS, and WebDeploy to ensure that your files, databases, and settings arrive intact on the web.